- Discuss the major steps that you will follow in planning, developing, and implementing the EHR system for St. Augustine’s using a systems development life cycle. PLO3
- Explain the managerial issues or challenges in planning, developing, and implementing the EHR system. PLO3, GenED5
- Demonstrate how these issues or challenges can be alleviated. GenEd5
- Share your understanding of the concept of meaningful use of health care information. PLO3 GenEd5
- Describe the 15 mandatory certification criteria developed by the Secretary of Health and Human Services that health care facilities should meet to qualify for meaningful use. GenEd5
- Examine the impact that the EHR system has on the quality of care provided by St. Augustine’s Hospital. PLO3, GenEd5
COMMON ASSESSMENT for BHCM PLO3 and Gen Ed 5
Now, you have a team to work within with when setting up the Healthcare Information TechnologyIT Department. You are charged with planning, securing, implementing, and managing the operation of an Electronic electronic Healthcare health Record record (EHR) system for St. Augustine’s Augustine’s hospitalHospital.
Prepare at minimum a 5-page chief information officer (CIO) plan of action addressing the concerns above, which will be sent to the board of directors. Make sure to cite your references using APA format.
Answer the following questions form the headings: Comment by Albertine Idioma: Note to ID: Please clarify this part. Could this be edited as follows?
Answer the following questions from the headings:
Answer the following questions to form the headings.
Thanks! I left this as is for now.
Explain the Steps steps in planning, developing, and implementing the EHR system using a Systems systems Development development Life life Cyclecycle.
Discuss the Managerial managerial issues or challenges associated with planning, developing, and implementation implementing the EHR system.
Discuss the Alleviation alleviation of issues or challenges.
Explain The the concept of meaningful use of healthcare information.
Discuss The the 15 mandatory certification criteria to qualify for meaningful use.
Discuss the Impact impact the of the EHR system on the quality of care.
Anderson, Charles C., & Johnson, L. (2003). The impressive psychology paper. Chicago: Lucerne Publishing. (For books)
Smith, M. (2001). Writing a successful paper. The Trey Research Monthly, 53, 149-–150. (For articles)
The references section begins on a new page.
Year of publication: Place in parentheses following authors, with a period following the closing parenthesis. If no publication date is identified, use “n.d.” in parentheses following the authors.
Source reference: This includes the title, journal, volume, and pages (for journal articles) or the title and publisher (for books).Year of Publication: In parenthesis following authors, with a period following the closing parenthesis. If no publication date is identified, use “n.d.” in parenthesis following the authors.
Source Reference: Includes title, journal, volume, pages (for journal article) or title, city of publication, publisher (for book).